The following scholarship and grant possibilities can be obtained to senior high school and college students associated with music training and music performance. They’ve been supplied right right here for the ease of Tri-M Honor community and NAfME Collegiate users. To learn more about these scholarships, please look at the sites referenced. Understand of a scholarship or possibility which should be included with this list? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click a category below to look at scholarships:
Scholarships for Senior High School Juniors
“The President’s Own” United States aquatic Band, with the aquatic Corps Heritage Foundation and NAfME, announces the aquatic Band Concerto Competition for twelfth grade artists.
- The champion shall appear as a visitor soloist because of the U.S. Marine Band and get a money prize. Available to senior school performers (grades 9–12) enrolled through the 2017–2018 scholastic 12 months. Performers of woodwind, metal, or percussion instruments may apply.
- Deadline: 15 november
This annual springtime occasion provides pupils the opportunity to audition for a couple of college/university music programs from around the world. You are able to audition for as numerous of the participating schools while you like. You’ll additionally learn more about each one of the programs that are represented.
This scholarship offers money that is prize pupils whom compose an essay of 250 terms or less on a music theme. The twentieth yearly essay competition will commence September 1, 2019.
- Chosen pupils winnings a $1,000 music and scholarship items with their college music system.
- Public and school that is private in grades 4–12 meet the criteria.
- Deadline: informative essay outline template 31 december
The Davidson Fellowship is ready to accept pupils who are able to demonstrate noteworthy achievements through the development of the “significant piece of content” targeted at improving the life of other people in a number of subject matter, including music. A “significant good article” in music will be a exemplary performance and/or another demonstration of extraordinary success.
- Honors are provided into the level of $50,000, $25,000, and $10,000.
- Candidates needs to be underneath the chronilogical age of 18 to qualify for this prize.
- Deadline: 13 february
Every year, outstanding young artists with disabilities, many years 14-25, are acknowledged by the VSA International younger Soloists Competition. The Kennedy Center selects as much as four champions from around the entire world. Candidates can put on being an instrumental or vocal soloist, or as ensembles. Your competitors is ready to accept all genres. Chosen artists winnings a $2,500 award, expert development tasks, plus the possibility to perform during the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C.
Any musician with a disability is qualified to apply as either a domestic applicant or a worldwide applicant. Your competitors is ready to accept soloists along with ensembles all the way to five users. For ensembles to meet the requirements, one or more musician will need to have an impairment, and all sorts of people should be amongst the many years of 14-25.
All genres of music are accepted, including yet not restricted to classical, jazz, hip-hop, rap, rock/alt stone, pop music, indie, bluegrass, people, nation, R&B/blues, Latin, and World
Deadline: March 29, 2019
Application information can be obtained in the VSA internet site.
These scholarships can be obtained to people in the Tri-M® musical Honor Society, system of NAfME. The scholarship system provides scholarship cash for summer time research programs to chapters that win certainly one of three recognitions during the national degree in each unit: senior (twelfth grade) and junior (middle school). Scholarship cash is granted because of the advisors associated with the winning chapters to deserving pupils.
- Start simply to people in the Tri-M musical Honor Society.
- Champions have the opportunity to win as much as $1,000 in scholarship funds for summer time music research.
- Deadline: Might 3
The Musical Theater Songwriting Challenge is a effort associated with National Endowment for the creative Arts partnering with all the United states Theatre Wing as well as in collaboration with Playbill, Inc. and Disney Theatrical Productions. The Songwriting Challenge is really a nationwide competition for senior school students that have a desire for composing tracks that would be element of a theater production that is musical. This system provides six semi-finalists mentorship opportunities with expert songwriters and performers plus the possibility to have a song that is original by those performers.
The nationwide Champion is supposed to be granted a scholarship of $25,000 and all sorts of six finalists could have their track posted by Samuel French. The program portal starts in and must be submitted by April 30 october. Six regional semi-finalists would be established in February therefore the competition that is national the six local semi-finalists would be held in April in new york.
Southern California senior school pupils of most ability amounts ought to use 100% free. A great deal more when compared to a competition, Spotlight is just a scholarship and arts training course, which empowers students by emphasizing planning, courage, critical reasoning and perseverance while supplying a great chance of pupils to hone their abilities! $100,000 in money scholarships are awarded each 12 months to students. Individualized feedback, master classes with internationally renowned designers, doing arts workshops and much more!
- Deadline: October 14
- Each category is restricted to 400 candidates
Community Service/Extracurricular Strategies Oriented-Scholarships
Have you been a school music student that is high? Do you wish to learn how to travel? ensure you Get your music manager to nominate you when it comes to FMA Solo Scholarship. In cooperation with FMA’s business users and sponsors nationwide, the program will fund scholarships to juniors or seniors in senior high school who’ve been selected by their music manager.
The Tribute Award Scholarship Program is open to senior school juniors that have actually at least 2.75 GPA and intend on going to a certified official official official certification, licensing or training curriculum or organization of advanced schooling. In addition, the prospect must show achievement in most associated with four following areas: unique talents, leadership, community service, and hurdles overcome.
- Scholarships of $25,000 can be found.
- Due dates: The Sweepstakes starts on February 2, 2019, at 12:00 a.m. ET, comes to an end on January 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”), and comes with twelve (12) month-to-month entry durations.
Sponsored together with the nationwide Association of Secondary School Principals, these awards honor young adults in grades 5 through 12 who possess volunteered inside their communities. This award program could be the country’s volunteer recognition program that is largest for young adults.
Students preparing academic travel programs but requiring economic support can put on for the “Road” Scholarship provided by the SYTA Youth Foundation, Inc. (SYF). The SYF provides scholarships 3 x per year. Music directors, instructors, principals, along with other youth leaders can submit nominations.
- Pupils 25 and under that are playing pupil team travel meet the criteria.
- Honors as much as $1,000 can be found.
- Due Dates: March 15, November 15
Scholarships for Highschool Seniors
“The President’s Own” United States aquatic Band, with the aquatic Corps Heritage Foundation and NAfME, announces the aquatic Band Concerto Competition for twelfth grade performers.
- The champion will appear as being a guest soloist utilizing the U.S. aquatic Band and get a cash prize. Ready to accept senior school performers (grades 9–12) enrolled through the 2017–2018 scholastic 12 months. Performers of woodwind, metal, or percussion instruments may use.
- Deadline: November 15
The scholarship competition is available to senior school seniors from Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana whom want to pursue levels in music (traditional, jazz, or other) at a certified four-year university by having a music system identified by the nationwide Association of Schools of musical, or a conservatory with a more popular nationwide profile for instance the Juilliard class, Curtis Institute of musical, or even the brand New England Conservatory.
- First award is $20,000; 2nd award is $12,500; and 3rd award is $7,500.
- Within the application procedure, pupils have to submit an audition movie. Semi-finalists should be invited to do in a daylong event of music at Walk Festival Hall in Jackson Hole on Saturday, June 8, 2019, where they are going to compete for the scholarship award money right in front of GTMF’s panel of celebrated judges and a real time market.
- Deadline: 1, 2019, 11:59 PM MDT april
This prize is provided to graduating twelfth grade seniors or first-year students who plan to make music a main element of their future life.
- Candidates submit audition CDs or tapes; finalists compete in Clarinda, Iowa; and 3 instrumentalists and 3 vocalists are plumped for to execute during the Glenn Miller Festival. Champions receive up to $4,500.
- Deadline: March 1
This scholarship offers prize cash to pupils whom write an essay of 250 terms or less on a music theme.
- Chosen pupils win a $1,000 scholarship and music items with their college music system.
- Public and school that is private in grades 4–12 meet the criteria.
- Deadline: December 31